"I had never gone rafting before and this was a great first time trip the first of August. The staff was great, the food was awesome and the new friends were even better. The scenery is beautiful and some wildlife too. And of course relaxing."
Green River through Flaming Gorge
1 Day: Adult: $119 | Youth: $109
3 Days: Adult: $825 | Youth: $725
Deposit: 3-Day: $250 | Full payment of 1-day trips due at time of booking
- Sleep Kit $40 | Tent included
1 Days: Available by group request. Call for details.
3 Days: June 12, 16, 20, 24; July 10, 17, 24, 31; August 7, 13
- Drive from Vernal to our put-in, where after a detailed safety talk, our journey begins
- Run rapids like Anticipation, Roller Coaster and Mother-in-Law
- Watch the desert panoramas slowly develop in-between bursts of thrilling whitewater
- Try your hand at the paddle raft and inflatable kayak
- Nap, take an exploratory hike, or just sit back and laugh with friends and family as your guides prepare one delicious meal after another
- Visit Jarvie Ranch for a glimpse into the Wild West
- After our last big rapid at Red Creek, the river flattens out as we descend into Browns Park
- Our take‐out point will be the Swallow Canyon Boat Ramp, where we’ll board our shuttle for the return trip to Vernal
Below Flaming Gorge Dam, the crystal-clear Green River offers splashy Class II rapids, interspersed with calm sections that inspire swimming, watching for wildlife and gazing at the canyon scenery. The river is teeming with trout, which has earned it the reputation of one of the country’s finest trout fishing streams. The area is also rich with history of early Native Americans, trappers, ranchers and outlaws. Flaming Gorge is an ideal section of river for first-time rafters and young families.
Our 1-day Flaming Gorge rafting adventure is perfect for a first-time rafting trip or for those just looking for a short float trip with incredible scenery. This trip covers approximately seven miles of the Green River below Flaming Gorge Dam. Transportation from Vernal, Utah to the trip launch point and back is provided.
Book this trip on our secure server
Or, call 800-342-8243 to speak with an adventure consultant today!
Get Your Free Catalog
Explore the world of OARS with one of our free catalogs highlighting family adventures, the hidden canyons of Utah and Arizona, or our flagship annual catalog of our world-wide adventures...
O.A.R.S. Canyonlands, Inc. operates on the Green River through Flaming Gorge as a permitted outfitter of the Ashley National Forest.